220/365


During one of the late feedings I stepped out of the kitchen into the family room; the moon startled me with his bright face, light drenching the house and streaming through the blinds. Holding Brendan, the two of us stepped into the angled light, into a shower of silver coins, Brendan swallowing milk and moonlight in greedy gulps, mouth foaming with saliva and formula, our reflection leaning to meet us at the window.

Four in the morning:
moonlight streams through the windows,
covers you and me.

Comments

  1. Dear David,

    What a sweet tender moment.

    When I was a child, I always imagined that

    one day I would be able to walk on the moon,

    and gaze with wonder at the magnificent beauty

    of the Earth, or at least see it from

    an orbiting spaceship. *Sigh* ...

    Another wish that will never come true.

    Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

    Bless*

    Mark

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts