notebook entry 02.08.11 and 02.10.11


The answer is obvious. The answer sits in front of me as I sit oblivious to its presence. That is until now. Begin with mice. The mice plague which invaded our garage. Due to new construction in nearby fields. How I would find them later in the glue traps, terrified, not yet dead, squealing for mercy. A cruelty on my part. Just as avoidance is cruel. Silence can be cruel. But my point. Spiral from mice to nursery rhymes to Ruth. Introduce the rhyme as a lecture. Perhaps. A poem divided into three themes. Three equal sections.

without Ruth = ruth-less; without showing mercy

I wanted to say something about showing no mercy
I need to say...
I was going to say...
I should say something...


How many different ways to explain the same phrase? Words I want to use go unexpressed due to a heavy reservation, resentment. Now I am tired. Drained. I should be trying to arrange today's haiku. Breaking down the poem for Ruth. Reading from the series of books on my reading list. The numerous litany of names—

Comments

Popular Posts